Thursday, September 30, 2010

Getting Started

Well, this is going to be a new thing for me. But, since I've noticed not nearly enough online fan-dom of such a great little car, I had to get something going.

About my Fiesta:
1979 Ford Fiesta S
1.6L Kent OHV
12"  with 4 lugs on 4.25" rims (Spray-canned metallic red)
Yellow Base (Spray-canned red for school spirit...)
I've replaced the rear shocks with shocks from a 90s Focus.
Also added .75" spacers to the rear springs to adjust the ride height.
CD player with 4x6 speakers in the front and 6x9s in the rear.

I have discovered that finding 12" tires is a pain, as only one company makes them any more, and they cost an arm and a leg considering the amount of rubber they are. So I'm looking for larger rims to keep future tire costs down.

My end goal for this car (keeping in mind it is not my only current project and I'm still in college) is to sport it up a little, along the lines of a rally car, and keep it a true Iowa State University fan/ tailgating vehicle.

I appreciate your interest, and welcome any constructive input from the automotive and Iowa State community.


No comments:

Post a Comment